How it Works
Users can leverage AI to generate responses for reviews from public review sources that have customer comments as opposed to just a star rating.
If the review is eligible for AI Responding, click the “Generate AI Response” button. This will take in the review content and the AI Rules prompt and suggest a response based on that input.
Things to Note:
- Users can generate up to 5 AI responses per review per hour based on our rate limit.
- Users are provided with a default prompt that they can edit to refine their response suggestions. This can be modified by clicking the “Edit AI Rules” button.
- The AI rules are saved at the user level, so modifying the prompt will not impact any other users.
- Users can reset the AI rules back to the default we provide at any time
- Users cannot leverage AI responding for public review sources that are rating-only and do not contain any text content.
- Why? When there is no review text to provide, generative AI cannot suggest accurate, relative responses.
- Users will also not be able to use AI Responding for 1st party imports nor Feedback sources.
- Why? This could infringe on the privacy rights of those submitting their feedback for internal purposes only.
- For reviews that are ineligible for AI Responding, we fall back to our Response Generator tool
What to Expect
While AI-generated responses take into context the review content and prompt content, this input is simply a request and not a demand. Generative AI will sometimes get it wrong. There is no foolproof way to create a prompt so good that the responses will always be ideal, and it is always recommended that customers proofread the entire response suggestion before posting.
Tips for Editing AI Rules
The default prompt is designed to work with reviews from all industries, but users should feel free to edit it to address any of their specific needs, and the option to reset back to our default is always available. It should be emphasized that no prompt will ever suggest review responses that are accurate 100% of the time, but as long as the suggested responses are mostly correct, this tool should be of value.
Some Things You Can Do with AI Rules
- Change the Tone
- Add a signature
- Include On-Brand Vernacular
- Encourage Vocabulary Variation
- If you notice suggested responses use the same vocabulary words repeatedly, you can encourage variation by including stop-words in your prompt.
- Exclude Apologies or Admissions of Wrong-doing
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any additional questions about this feature and your team will be happy to assist!