In just a few steps, you can email your customers to ask for their feedback, with the bonus of leading ONLY your HAPPIEST customers to leave a review on your public review listings.
In addition, you can use this feature to capture:
- Your own 1st Party Reviews to publish as testimonials on your web properties (a huge SEO benefit).
- A Net Promoter Score for your business.
Follow below for a walkthrough of how-to compose and send an email asking your customers for feedback, and based on their rating, also a review!
1. Select A Location
Click the “Request Reviews” tab then click on the green button that says “compose a request.” From there, select the location you wish to ask for feedback on.
2. Choose a Feedback Template
When prompted, select a Feedback template. Feedback templates are marked with the symbol.
3. Customize your message using the text fields and editing tools provided.
You can customize your Reply-To Email, Sender Name, Company Name or Header Image, and email copy.
'Message Top' will appear above the Feedback survey and 'Message Bottom' will appear below it. You can also customize your Reply-To Email, Sender Name, and Company Name if different from the Location Name.
4. Choose your "feedback rating type" and "rating scale"
There are four rating types to display when asking for feedback (NPS, Smileys, Thumbs, and Stars). Read this article for best practices when choosing a feedback rating type for your campaigns.
Note: If you are not seeing the four feedback types as an option in your feedback request, contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager and ask them to enable that feature for you! It’s quick, and available at no extra cost.
The rating scale allows you to pick two things:
- When a customer is prompted to provide an internal comment.
Note: The default is our recommended scale, but adjust it down if you want to collect your own "1st Party Reviews".
- When a customer is asked to leave a public review on a review site.
4. Use "Smart Suggest" or Choose Your Preferred Sites
Let ReviewTrackers do the selection for you with our "Smart Suggest" algorithm or select up-to 3 review sites of your preference.
Note: If you don't see a source listed that you believe should be there, it could be one of two reasons:
- For this particular location, we were unable to find a listing on this site at the time it was added.
(If you're aware of a listing that exists for this location, please email email@example.com with this information and the URL to the listing, and we'll be happy to add it in for you.)
- Some sites like Yelp have a policy against asking for reviews.
5. Preview Your Email
Preview your email before sending by clicking "Preview" in the upper right corner.
If everything looks good, exit preview mode and click "Next."
6. Add Recipients
You have two options for adding recipients:
1. Paste up-to 50 email addresses in the field provided. Enter one address per line, with no other information.
2. Upload a CSV file if you have a list of more than 50 emails.
Not sure what a CSV file is? It's easy! Take your Excel file and "Save As" CSV file type.
Note: We cannot accept your customer names at this time. If this is important to you, please comment on this article to let our product team know so that it can be considered for future development.
If you’d like to receive a copy of your email in your inbox, check the box labeled “Send a copy to myself.” Please note that the copy may end up in your spam folder.
7. Now all you have to do is hit “Send Request” and wait for your feedback!