In just a few steps, you can email your customers and ask them to leave a review on one of the review sites that are most important to you. Aided by bright logos and a simple call to action, they're only a click away from sharing their experience and boosting your reputation!
Follow below for a walkthrough of how to compose and send an email asking your customers to leave a public review right from ReviewTrackers.
1. Select A Location.
Click the “Ask for Reviews” tab, then select "Compose" in the subsection and choose the location you would like to generate reviews for.
2. Choose a Review Request Template.
When prompted, select a template marked with the symbol. Depending on your user-role, you can setup custom templates from the "Manage" tab.
3. Customize your message using the text fields and editing tools provided.
You can customize your Sender Name, Reply-To Email, Email Subject, Header Image and Email Copy.
4. Use "Smart Suggest" or Choose Your Preferred Sites.
Let ReviewTrackers do the selection for you with our "Smart Suggest" algorithm or select up to three review sites of your preference.
Note: If you don't see a source listed that you believe should be there, it could be one of two reasons:
- For this particular location, we were unable to find a listing on this site at the time it was added.
(If you're aware of a listing that exists for this location, please email email@example.com with this information and the URL to the listing, and we'll be happy to add it in for you.)
- Some sites like Yelp have a policy against asking for reviews.
5. Preview Your Email.
Preview your email before sending by clicking "Preview" in the bottom right corner.
If everything looks good, exit preview mode and click "Next."
6. Add Recipients.
You have two options for adding recipients:
1. Insert Emails Manually: Paste up-to 50 email addresses in the field provided. Enter one address per line, with no other information.
2. Upload CSV file: This is a great option if you have a list of more than 50 emails. Not sure what a CSV file is? It's easy! Just click the "Upload CSV" button and download our Template from the next page. Input your customer data and you're all set.
If you’d like to receive a copy of your email in your inbox, check the box labeled “Send a copy to myself.” Please note that the copy may end up in your spam folder.
7. Send Request.
Now all you have to do is hit the “Send Request" button and you're on your way to generating more reviews for your business!
NOTE: Check out our additional help article here on how to Ask for Reviews for multiple locations!
Pro Tip: Yelp is not an option to request a review for as review solicitation is against their terms of service. Read more about their terms of service and solicitation penalties here.