Other than a well-thought-out copy, the best way to customize a template to request reviews or feedback is to upload a branded header image.
Read below for step-by-step instructions and important information for how it works.
Who can upload a header image?
Only a user with the role of Admin or Manager can upload a header image to a template.
If you’re unsure of your role, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
Image location and sizing:
- The image will appear as a header image at the top of your template.
- The recommended image size is 600px (pixels) wide by 200px tall.
- If the image is:
- wider than 600px, it will shrink proportionally to 600px wide.
- taller than 200px, it will not adjust.
- smaller than these dimensions, the image will be centered and the size will not adjust.
How to add a header image to a template:
- The header image must be uploaded to a template via the "Templates" section. To get there, click on the “Ask Tool” on the left of your screen, and then click on the “Templates” tab.
- Next, from the list of templates that appear, click on the name of the custom template that you’d like to upload a header image to.
Note: You cannot directly edit a default template. If you haven't yet created a custom template, you can click the “clone” button to create one from the default templates we've provided.
- Once you have the template open to edit, scroll down to the “Logo & Header” section, where you’ll find the option to change from text to image. Select “Use Image”.
- Drag & drop or click to upload the image from your your computer. After a few moments, the image will be displayed.
- To preview how the image will appear, click “Preview” in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Once you’re happy with it, don’t forget to click “Save”.
Now that this template has a header image, it will display in the “Compose” step of a request email for anyone who has access to this template.
To add an image to other templates, replicate steps 1-6. If you have any questions or trouble, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!