Use your Google My Business (GMB) login to securely connect ReviewTrackers, and start responding to Google reviews right from your ReviewTrackers dashboard!
Below you’ll find everything you need to know to integrate successfully. If you run into any roadblocks or have questions along the way, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
- Google listings must be claimed in Google My Business.
Unsure how to claim your listing? Click here for a how-to guide by Google.
- Only an Admin of the ReviewTrackers account can enable the integration.
- There can only be one Google My Business login per ReviewTrackers account.
You must have a single Google My Business (GMB) login with at least Manager access to ALL location listings.
- For any locations not found in the GMB account, reviews will still be collected, however users will not be able to respond to Google reviews inside ReviewTrackers until the connected Google user has been given and accepted access. Click here for a 'how-to request & share access' guide by Google.
- If you’re an agency or multi-brand company, click here for alternate instructions.
- If you’re unfamiliar with Google My Business, click here for Google's guide to setting up your free account.
- Review your listings within ReviewTrackers prior to connecting.
Before connecting, we encourage you to perform a quick comparison of the Google listings in ReviewTrackers to those in your GMB account. This will help you resolve any issues ahead of time, such as missing or unshared listings. If you email email@example.com, we’ll be happy to export you a list of your locations and their corresponding Google listing that we have on file.
Once you’re ready to connect, there are 4 phases of the integration:
[ 1. ] Setup
[ 2. ] Overnight Sync
[ 3. ] Review & Resolve Any Found Issues
[ 4. ] Start responding to Google reviews!
PHASE 1: SETUP
[ 1. ] Sign into ReviewTrackers with Admin credentials, and select “Settings” in the top-right corner.
[ 2. ] Click on the “Integrations” subsection.
[ 3. ] Click “Connect” next to the Google integration.
[ 4. ] From there, it will open up a browser and prompt you to select from a list of Google profiles. Be sure to select the google profile that is affiliated with all of your locations within ReviewTrackers.
[ 5. ] Follow the prompts to complete the login. Please note that if you update your password in the future you'll need to reconnect your Google integration.
PHASE 2: OVERNIGHT SYNC
Once you complete the login, your GMB integration will kickoff that evening. During that time, our system will:
- temporarily pause the collection of new reviews
- match the Google listings in your ReviewTrackers account to the listings in your GMB account
- enable new review collection through the Google API
- pull in any new reviews that were posted while the review collection was paused
- And finally, provide a report of any location match issues, found in the "Issue" section of "Settings".
PHASE 3: IDENTIFY & RESOLVE ANY FOUND ISSUES
First thing the next morning, we encourage you to check the “Issues” page of ReviewTrackers to identify and resolve any issues found while attempting to match your listings. It’s important to resolve these so that users are able to respond to these reviews.
If you have any questions or run into any roadblocks, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
PHASE 4: START RESPONDING TO GOOGLE REVIEWS
As new Google reviews are collected, you'll see the "Respond on Google" button has changed to just "Respond". When you click on the new "Respond" button, it will take you to the review detail page of ReviewTrackers. There you will see the details of the review like before, but with a new field to insert your response and hit "Post Response"! Once you publish your response, the status label will automatically change to "Responded".
Unfortunately you won't be able to respond to reviews collected previously or those of listings that aren't integrated correctly. These will still show the "Respond on Google" button.