Interested in capturing the Net Promoter Score of your business or a single location? Fortunately, we've made it incredibly easy to do so!
What is Net Promoter Score (NPS):
The Net Promoter Score, or NPS®, is based on the fundamental perspective that every company’s customers can be divided into three categories: Promoters, Passives, and Detractors.
By asking one simple question, “How likely is it that you would recommend [your company] to a friend or colleague?” you can track these groups and get a clear measure of your company’s performance through your customer's eyes.
The rating scale is categorized as follows:
- Promoters (score 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and refer others, fueling growth.
- Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
- Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.
To calculate your company’s NPS, take the percentage of customers who are Promoters and subtract the percentage who are Detractors.
Promoters (%) - Detractors (%) = NPS Score
Please Note: Your NPS feedback will normalize to a 1-5 star rating in our Ratings & Reviews section. The true NPS score can be found calculated in the Review Sites Distribution section of the platform located at the bottom of the Dashboard.
Follow below for step-by-step instructions on how-to compose and send an email asking your customers for 1st Party Feedback via NPS!
1. Click the “Ask Tool” tab, then select "Compose" in the subsection. You'll first be prompted to select your medium (Email or SMS) and name your campaign.
2. Choose a location and input your recipients.
Under the "Recipients" Section, there will be a drop-down list of all your locations. Choose the location you want to send the campaign to and scroll down. There are two different ways to send out your feedback request. You can either type/paste your recipient's emails manually or download a CSV to add your data to and upload. Please be aware that you must use the CSV if you have more than fifty recipients.
NOTE: Check out our additional help article here on how to Ask for Feedback for multiple locations!
3. Customize your message using the text fields and editing tools provided.
You can customize your Sender Name, Reply-To Email, Email Subject and Email Copy. These can all be permanently adjusted and saved by cloning and editing templates in the “Templates” tab.
Keep in mind that "Message Top" will appear above the Feedback survey and "Message Bottom" will appear below it.
4. Choose your “Feedback Question Type:” There are two rating types to display when asking for feedback, you will want to select the NPS option.
5. Use "Smart Suggest" or Choose Your Preferred Sites
Let ReviewTrackers do the selection for you with our "Smart Suggest" algorithm or select up-to 3 review sites of your preference.
Note: If you don't see a source listed that you believe should be there, it could be one of two reasons:
- For this particular location, we were unable to find a listing on this site at the time it was added. (If you're aware of a listing that exists for this location, please email email@example.com with this information and the URL to the listing, and we'll be happy to add it in for you.)
- Some sites, like Yelp, have a policy against soliciting reviews and/or review gating.
IMPORTANT NOTE: By DEFAULT, everyone (no matter detractors, passives, or promoters) will automatically be prompted to leave a public facing review on a 3rd Party review site after they submit their feedback.
**If you would prefer the leaving of 1st Party Feedback to be the end of the road for your reviewers, you may opt out of inviting your respondents to leave reviews on 3rd Party review sources by clicking the option below.**
6. Preview Your Email
We now offer a dynamic preview of your Ask Campaign that updates as you input new information! It is to the right of "Recipients" and "Customize" sections.
7. Send Campaign.
Now all you have to do is hit the “Send campaign" button and you're on your way to generating more feedback for your business!
Now you're ready to receive your feedback!
The ratings shown are based on the Net Promoter Score standard, thus appearing as 0-10 rather than the typical 1-5 star rating scale for reviews. Again please note your NPS feedback will normalize to a 1-5 star rating in our Ratings & Reviews section. The true NPS score can be found calculated in the Review Sites Distribution section of the platform located at the bottom of the Dashboard.
Where to find my NPS Score
In the Dashboard, on the right hand side near the bottom of the page is a section called Review Sites Distribution. If you have received 1st party Feedback through the Ask Tool using the NPS option, you will see your NPS score reflected along with the number of Feedback reviews you received.
Have more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help!