When asking for Feedback (First-Party) via email or Unique URL, deciding what type of feedback to collect is an important step. While a 5-star scale may work for some, we offer two different options for surveying your customers' experience.
You have two Feedback type pages to choose from:
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Star Ratings
The “source” for this data will be labeled as “Feedback” to differentiate it from data posted on online review sites. You’ll see it come into your dashboard looking like a review, but labeled Feedback.
- All Feedback ratings are normalized to the standard 1-5 star rating scale to simplify reporting calculation and to fit into the 1-5 scale of your dashboard.
- To choose your Feedback type, start by choosing FBK as the option. Either choose your feedback type while composing a new email, or set up a custom template for future use with your choice of type.
Read on for more information about each feedback type.
Net Promoter Score (NPS): a 0-10 rating scale.
The Net Promoter Score (NPS®) is a widely used management tool for companies looking to gauge customer loyalty. Using NPS in your feedback survey means asking the question, “On a scale of 0 to 10, how likely are you to recommend this business?”
The results enable you to categorize customers into Promoters, Passives, and Detractors. (To calculate your Net Promoter Score, simply subtract the percentage of Detractors from the percentage of Promoters.)
- Promoters (score 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and refer others, fueling growth.
- Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
- Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word of mouth.
Stars: a 1-5 rating scale using stars.
The 5-star rating scale is the most widely used for rating a business. If you’re interested in capturing your own 1st Party reviews and using these as testimonials on your web properties or marketing collateral, this is a great option.
With different Feedback options, you now have the flexibility to survey using choices that resonate with your customers. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!