An external ID is your own unique identifier (ex: Store Number, Facility ID, Employee Number) that you attach to a location in ReviewTrackers.
If your account has more than one location then external ID's make some tasks more efficient. They also allow you to associate ReviewTrackers data with data that you may have in other systems.
Here are some of the great things you can do with external IDs:
- Map data from locations in ReviewTrackers to other databases or software outside of ReviewTrackers.
- Send out multi-location review or feedback request campaigns. Using the external ID, we know which recipient should get a request for which location! This saves a lot of time relative to sending one campaign for each location.
- Create multiple location feed display widgets with Amplify and use the same code to support multiple location pages. The external ID allows us to display the correct reviews for a given location without any other code changes between locations.
How to add an external ID
1. Go to Settings > Locations & Groups
2. Click on the +Add ID button
3. Fill in the external ID and click confirm
If you have many locations to add external ID’s to, simply send those over to email@example.com and we can update your account.