In just a few steps, you can gather 1st Party Feedback - internal review data. In addition, you can use this feature to capture:
- Your own 1st Party Reviews to publish as testimonials on your web properties (a huge SEO benefit).
- A Net Promoter Score for your business.
To learn more about the "Two Types of Feedback Ratings," check out this guide.
If you’re curious about why and when to ask for feedback (vs. ask for a review), check out this guide.
Follow below for step-by-step instructions on how-to compose and send an email asking your customers for 1st Party Feedback, and subsequently, a 3rd Party Review!
Click the “Ask Tool” tab, then select "Compose" in the subsection to take you into the Ask tool. You'll first be prompted to select your medium (Email or SMS) and name your campaign.
1. Choose your medium and name your campaign.
2. Choose a location and input your recipients.
Under the "Recipients" Section, there will be a drop-down list of all your locations. Choose the location you want to send the campaign to and scroll down. There are two different ways to send out your feedback request. You can either type/paste your recipient's emails manually or download a CSV to add your data to and upload. Please be aware that you must use the CSV if you have more than fifty recipients.
NOTE: Check out our additional help article here on how to Ask for Feedback for multiple locations!
3. Customize your message using the text fields and editing tools provided.
You can customize your Sender Name, Reply-To Email, Email Subject and Email Copy. These can all be permanently adjusted and saved by cloning and editing templates in the “Templates” tab.
Keep in mind that "Message Top" will appear above the Feedback survey and "Message Bottom" will appear below it.
4. Choose your “Feedback Question Type:”
There are two rating types to display when asking for feedback (NPS and Stars).
5. Use "Smart Suggest" or Choose Your Preferred Sites
Let ReviewTrackers do the selection for you with our "Smart Suggest" algorithm or select up-to 3 review sites of your preference.
Note: If you don't see a source listed that you believe should be there, it could be one of two reasons:
- For this particular location, we were unable to find a listing on this site at the time it was added. (If you're aware of a listing that exists for this location, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this information and the URL to the listing, and we'll be happy to add it in for you.)
- Some sites, like Yelp, have a policy against soliciting reviews and/or review gating.
IMPORTANT NOTE: By DEFAULT, everyone (no matter detractors, passives, or promoters) will automatically be prompted to leave a public facing review on a 3rd Party review site after they submit their feedback.
**If you would prefer the leaving of 1st Party Feedback to be the end of the road for your reviewers, you may opt out of inviting your respondents to leave reviews on 3rd Party review sources by clicking the option below.**
6. Preview Your Email
We now offer a dynamic preview of your Ask Campaign that updates as you input new information! It is to the right of "Recipients" and "Customize" sections.
You can also send yourself a test copy of your campaign too! Just click the "Send test" button at the top of the preview to send a copy to yourself or up to three custom emails. Please note that the copy may end up in your spam folder.
7. Send Campaign.
Now all you have to do is hit the “Send campaign" button and you're on your way to generating more feedback for your business!
Now you're ready to receive your feedback! First party data is great for a SEO boost, as well as analyzing customer sentiment, so utilizing our Ask for Feedback feature should benefit your business in multiple ways! Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions and happy tracking!