In just a few steps, you can gather 1st Party Feedback - internal review data. In addition, you can use this feature to capture:
- Your own 1st Party Reviews to publish as testimonials on your web properties (a huge SEO benefit).
- A Net Promoter Score for your business.
To learn more about the "Four Types of Feedback Ratings," check out this guide.
AND! If you’re curious about why and when to ask for feedback (vs. ask for a review), check out this guide.
Follow below for step-by-step instructions on how-to compose and send an email asking your customers for 1st Party Feedback, and subsequently, a 3rd Party Review!
- Select A Location
Click the “Ask” tab then click on the green button that says “compose a request.” From there, select the location for which you wish to ask for feedback.
- Choose a Feedback Template
When prompted, select a Feedback template. Feedback templates are marked with the FBK symbol.
- Customize your message using the text fields and editing tools provided.
You can customize your Reply-To Email, Sender Name, Company Name or Header Image, and email copy. These can all be permanently adjusted and saved by cloning and editing templates in the “Manage” tab.
'Message Top' will appear above the Feedback survey and 'Message Bottom' will appear below it.
- Choose your “Feedback Question Type:”
There are four rating types to display when asking for feedback (NPS, Smileys, Thumbs, and Stars).
- Use "Smart Suggest" or Choose Your Preferred Sites
Let ReviewTrackers do the selection for you with our "Smart Suggest" algorithm or select up-to 3 review sites of your preference.
Note: If you don't see a source listed that you believe should be there, it could be one of two reasons:
- For this particular location, we were unable to find a listing on this site at the time it was added. (If you're aware of a listing that exists for this location, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this information and the URL to the listing, and we'll be happy to add it in for you.)
- Some sites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Google have a policy against soliciting reviews and/or review gating.
IMPORTANT NOTE: By DEFAULT beginning June, 2018, everyone (no matter detractors, passives, or promoters) will automatically be prompted to leave a public facing review on a 3rd Party review site after they submit their feedback.
**If you would prefer the leaving of 1st Party Feedback to be the end of the road for your reviewers, you may opt out of inviting your respondents to leave reviews on 3rd Party review sources by clicking the option below.**
- Preview Your Email
Preview your email before sending by clicking "Preview" in the lower right corner.
If everything looks good, exit preview mode and click "Next."
- Add Recipients
You have two options for adding recipients:
- Paste up-to 50 email addresses in the field provided. Enter one address per line, with no other information.
- Upload a CSV file if you have a list of more than 50 emails.
- Not sure what a CSV file is? It's easy! Take your Excel file and "Save As" CSV file type.
If you’d like to receive a copy of your email in your inbox, check the box labeled “Send a copy to myself.” Please note that the copy may end up in your spam folder and/or being blocked by your email provider due to a perceived phishing attempt (this will occur when the sender and recipient emails are the same.)
- Now all you have to do is hit “Send Request” and wait for your feedback!